The Lute Society of America is pleased to offer grant opportunities up to $1,000 to individuals and organizations for a wide range of projects and educational endeavors. Whether it is a scholarly research project related to early plucked instruments, lute lessons for a new player with financial limitations, or a university seeking instruments to rent for their students, these grants will provide much needed support. The Lute Society of America is excited to provide funding to projects that inspire through research and performance and build inclusive musical communities.
Applications are open to current members of the Lute Society of America. If you are not a current member of the Lute Society of America and would like to apply, you can sign up for membership here.
Applications for the current round of grants will be due March 15, 2024 and grants will be awarded on April 1, 2024. Decisions will be made by committee and will be final.
If you need help with ideas, here are some suggestions:
- Research projects related to early plucked stringed instruments
- A grant for lute lessons for new players, or lute rental assistance for those with financial limitations
- A lute rental sponsorship for a university, a free lute rental
- Present a workshop or masterclass (for educational purposes) either by applicant or outside
- Funding for project based performances
Have other ideas? Please do not hesitate to apply, we want to hear them!