Why Join the LSA?
Membership Levels & Benefits
All of our membership levels include the following base benefits. Membership is for a year (or more as paid for) from the date of membership payment. Click on the membership level titles below to view a full list of benefits for each level, and to register.
- Four digital issues per year of the LSA Quarterly and its accompanying Digital Supplement and access to all current and past issues online.
- One issue per year of the scholarly Journal and access to all current and past issues online.*
- Online access to the LSA’s Digital Facsimile Collection featuring over 700 titles
- Ability to advertise your professional lute-related services or recordings to the public on the LSA website
- Access to members-only areas of the website, such as the Grant Tomlinson Historical Lute Archive
- Ability to rent a lute-family instrument from our collection through the Lute Rental Program
- A discount off the price of tuition/room/board at the biennial Summer Festivals.
- “Digital + Paper” memberships also include paper copies of four issues per year of the LSA Quarterly and one issue per year of the Journal.
- Your dues also provide the financial resources needed to support the LSA staff in organizing annual programs like the Summer Festivals and producing LSA publications.
* Journal will be Open Access beginning in early 2021
|1-Year Memberships||2-Year Memberships||3-Year Memberships||Student Memberships**|
Includes: Base benefits
|Digital + Paper|
Includes: Base benefits +
paper copies of the
LSA Quarterly and Journal
Special Offers & Other Information
Select “Individual Membership – 1 year” and use the code NEWMEMBER15 for a $15 discount on your first year!
Student Membership Grant
Full-time students may be eligible for a Membership Grant funded by donations. Please check the description to see whether you qualify, and complete the application if you wish to be considered. Student memberships** are also available above, at a lower cost than our regular memberships.
If you are giving a gift membership to someone who is already an LSA member, please email the Membership Director the name of the recipient and she will send you an invoice. Or simply give your recipient a check and have them process the membership renewal. If you are purchasing a membership for a first-time LSA member, simply enter their contact information in the membership form.
Please contact our Membership Director, Fiona Thistle, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to set up an account. Rates are $75.00 (USD)/year for digital only and $150.00 (USD)/year for digital + paper.