The LSA is seeking a part-time Membership Director. We will begin reviewing applications on December 1, 2023.
Total Compensation is approximately $4500.
- $3000 (4 x $750) stipend annually
- complimentary LSA membership while the position is held
- free tuition/room and board at the biannual LSA Cleveland Lute Fest at Case Western Reserve University.
- Answering member inquiries and solving membership issues (e.g., updating member contact info as needed, etc.)
- Encouraging members to complete their member and professional profiles on the LSA website
- Sending announcements (e.g., new issues of the Quarterly & Journal)
- Encouraging lapsed members to renew through membership promotions and email campaigns
- Membership Management:
- Updating and using the Prospective Member lists and working with others to encourage these people to join.
- Manually processing complimentary, institutional and gift memberships
- Handling subscription services and processing orders and claims
- Working with LSA Staff:
- Working with the President and Board to evaluate the membership program and discuss goals
- Providing LSA staff and Local Chapter heads with member mailing lists upon request
- Participating in Board discussions to preserve the value of an LSA membership
- Providing the Board with membership numbers on a quarterly basis
Desired experience and qualities:
- Comfortable editing content within WordPress
- Willingness to learn plugins or other applications as appropriate (e.g., MemberPress, Constant Contact, etc.)
We are seeking proactive and collaborative applicants who are interested in helping us grow our organization and support the lute community. If you are interested and have any questions, please let us know! For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org